Before you install and run any component, module, plugin or a template on a Web server, I am sure everyone wants to pre-check to make a few tests and even make some changes to fit your needs of a particular product on your local computer. Yes, it might be useful and even necessary. Well, some know of the existence of software packages such as: Denver, JSAS, XAMPP, EasyPHP, ... and Application Server (abbreviated AppServ) on which I want to talk in more detail than on the official site.
So, in order to begin the work needed is a package of AppServ developer, known under the pseudonym of apples. Official site of the developer is always published 2 packages to choose from the user. The main difference between them: versions of PHP - 4 and 5. I note also the developer almost always in their new releases AppServ uses the latest software, such as: Apache, PHP, MySQL, phpMyAdmin. And one more, what you should know, Packages AppServ compatible operating systems developed for WIN32.
Ok, you made your choice of software package and uploaded it to your computer. To start the installation by double-clicking the mouse on the icon AppServ.
- Window greetings - this is the first thing you'll see. Click Next to continue.
- In the second window, you must agree to the license GNU / GPL, click I Agree.
- In the third box, you need to select the installation path (default: C: \ AppServ). If you have multiple hard drives or one, but divided into several parts, I recommend to choose another, not the system disk. For example: D: \ AppServ after you click Next.
- In the fourth box will be offered a choice of installation components, make sure that all 4 components checked and then click Next.
- The fifth window in the Server Name field, enter localhost, in the Administrator's Email Address Enter your e-mail address in the Apache HTTP Port, leave the default - 80, and then click Next.
- The sixth window is necessary to specify in the Enter root password password for access to MySQL in the next field and repeat the password to confirm it (burn it, it is necessary to authorize in phpMyAdmin). In the Character Sets and Collations, from the drop-down list, select your preferred character encoding. The rest of the default and click Next.
- Finally, to complete the installation, tick Start Apache and Start MySQL to run these services after you click Finish. (Note: If you installed Skype, I recommend it to shut down the process of launching Apache and after, you can again include Skype)
Ok, the package is installed AppServ necessary services are started and not to remember the services again, to warn of Apache and MySQL will run every time you boot the operating system automatically. If you want to run them manually, then do the following:
In the Name when moving the mouse over Apache2.2, click the right mouse button and choose Properties Startup Type: Manual If you want to run manually and MySQL service, then falls slightly below, and when moving the mouse to mysql, click the right mouse button and choose Properties Type launch: Manual. After the Service, you can close the window. Now, these services can start and stop, if necessary, only manually.
- All programs
- Control Server by Service
For your convenience, service management Apache, then Apache Monitor icon and it will appear in the taskbar. Clicking on her left mouse button, you can start, stop or restart Apache, if you change the settings HTTPD and PHP.
Next, turn to your HTTPD and PHP.
- All programs
- Configuration Server
- Apache Edit the httpd.conf Configuration File
From the Edit menu, select Find ... In the search box enter: rewrite_module
Raskomentiruyte it by removing the "#" and save.
LoadModule rewrite_module modules / mod_rewrite.so
- All programs
- Configuration Server
- PHP Edit the php.ini Configuration File
From the Edit menu, select Find ... In the search box enter: register_globals
For security reasons, we recommend that you disable
register_globals = Off
From the Edit menu, select Find ... In the search box enter: upload_max_filesize
Default is 2M, you can specify as much as you allow your hard drive where the package installed AppServ (specify a reasonable value)
Everything else can be left unchanged, and save the settings.
Now that all the main server settings are made, is necessary to restart the service of Apache, and make it very simple. In order not to feel in a long list of programs, click the left mouse button on the icon Apache, which is visible in the taskbar and select Restart. Voila! The server is ready to work.
- The root directory of the server is located here: (the drive is running AppServ): \ AppServ \ www
- Server address: http://localhost/ or http://127.0.0.1/ or http://YOUR-IP-ADDRESS/
- Address to the interface of phpMyAdmin: http://localhost/phpMyAdmin/
- Username for authentication in phpMyAdmin: root
- Password for authentication in phpMyAdmin: that which you specified during install AppServ
Before installing Joomla nezabudte create name database for Joomla via phpMyAdmin
Well, I hope this article has become useful to you.